The Smith Liberty MIPS Helmet is a new hybrid model that takes it’s design cues from the Vantage but ups the ante in the style department. With a hard shell top section and in-mold lower, the Liberty uses Aerocore™ construction (Koroyd™ honeycomb) for additional crush resistance with almost no weight increase. Great ventilation is provided by 20 vents and controlled by a low-profile regulator slider, and a VaporFit™ adjustable sizing mechanism allows you to dial in the fit to a “T.”
- Hybrid SL Shell Construction – Smith’s Hybrid Shell construction combines two separate lightweight and durable shells to create a new helmet category. Tough ABS hardshell construction is fused with flyweight In-Mold technology, optimizing the best traits of each.
- Aerocore™ Construction – Smith’s Aerocore™ design increases airflow, improves temperature regulation and anti-fog capability, and enhances impact resistance. Aerocore™ uses a unique honeycomb material called Koroyd® that is superior for both airflow and impact absorption.
- Regulator Adjustable Climate Control – Easy to use slider system makes it simple to change the amount of airflow even with gloves on.
- AirEvac Ventilation – AirEvac drives the warm air away from the goggle through external vents and internal channels in the EPS liner.
- 20 Vents
- VaporFit™ Adjustable Fit Sytem – Crafted with ease-of-use and superior comfort in mind, the VaporFit system relies on a tried-and-true rotary dial adjustment system integrated with a tuned elastic fit using engineered shapes. Each VaporFit system has a full 5cm of rotary adjustability. Additionally, the system can be moved up/down or forward/backward at the attachment points. The final result is increased comfort with a personalized, secure fit.
- Additional Features
- MIPS® System Equipped – In a helmet with the MIPS Brain Protection System, the shell and liner are separated by a low friction layer that allows the helmet to slide relative to the head in and angled impact.
- Snapfit SL2 Ear Pads – Smith ear pads, with their inner surface of technical materials, provide a comfortable seal from the wind and weather on even the stormiest days. For a warm spring day, remove the ear pads entirely to reduce weight and maximize cooling. All ear pads are fully removable and machine washable.
- Compatible with Outdoor Tech™ Audio Systems, Sold Separately
- Women’s XT2® Sweat-Wicking Performance Lining
Material – ABS, EPS, Polycarbonate
Helmet Style – Half Shell
Helmet Venting – Adjustable Venting
Audio – Not Included
Visor – Yes
Removable Ear Pads – Yes
Adjustable Fit – Yes
MIPS – Yes
Warranty – Limited Lifetime